Monday, August 25, 2014

Week 3 Delft - Goede Dag iedereen!

Hello hello:)
 
Wow what a week! Time is flying by here in Delft, I cant believe I am already half way done with the first transfer of my mission. It seems like I just barely left. But I am loving every second of it and am learning and growing so much each day its incredible. This short two months that I have been gone I have changed so much for the better. It really is amazing how just putting more time and effort into this gospel how big of a change you can have. This really is the true gospel and I know it. Well this week has been super good, got a lot accomplished and had fun doing it.
 
       Cool opportunity for us Elders and Sister in our district this week. The Den Haag ward and Zoetemeer ward (both in our district) are the two biggest in the Netherlands. And so in September we have Elder Ballard coming and giving us a mission conference, super exciting. But he is also speaking in our stake. So we were all asked to be in a special choir for Elder Ballard. (singing in dutch of course and one English song:) which is so much fun. I have gotten to know so many of the ward members that much better and just grown to love this ward. So I am super excited about that, It'll be such a fun experience.
 
 Elder Hulet and I did a TON of contacting a few days this week, but it was so much fun. We talked to so many people. So we made a goal to try and share our testimony with every single person that we talk to. That has been so cool and spritiual for me. Well we actually didnt find any single solid Investigator this week but we found a few potentials. Eventhough we didn't find anyone it was still awesome just at least being able to bare our testimonies to them. Cause No one can take away what I know to be true!
 
Belgium! So this week I got to go down to Belgium with all of the MTC buddies again to get our visa there. That was a long but fun trip. It took pretty much all day but it was good. Imagine this.....8 Missionaries in a nice big van all rocking out to MOTAB for a solid 3 hour drive. Yeah fun right? lol. No It was a good time and fun to see everyone again. But might I add I am glad I am not in Belgium right now because... FLAMS is hard to understand! They sound so weird. So to say the least I lucked out. :)
 
 We had a few good lessons this week as well. But nothing to crazy, just the 1st lesson and they seemed to think it was interesting so crossing my fingers. But one man Micha who has been an investigator for like 8 months now and such who just really loves the missionaries and his relationship with them finally is going to let us start teaching him full lessons again and not just stop by and say Hi type of thing. That was a true miracle because he has had no interest in the lessons for a while. I'm excited to see how it goes! I know that this gospel can make him that much better so this will be a good experience.
 
Well the super stroop waffles are still amazing and the people are still crazy, but i love them. The work is still hard and there are still times that aren't fun. But the good weighs out the bad 10000x. This work has changed me already, and I couldn't be anymore grateful for it. This gospel is true, and a blessing for each of us, the power of prayer is real, our Heavenly Father And Jesus Christ love us very much and are ALWAYS there for us. That's amazing to me. And We are blessed to know that for ourselves, and cherish that.
 
Well I love you all and I hope all is going well back at home. Thank you for the letters\emails and all of the love and support. Hope you guys all have an another amazing week. Your the best. The church is true!!!!
 
Love Elder Parr 
#ReturnWithHonor
Double Rainbow in Delft

No comments:

Post a Comment