Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Week 22 Delft -HAPPY NEW YEARS!

Hello Hello,

Can you believe it just like that and Christmas is gone! And 2015 is just around the corner. Oh how time flies and just doesn't seem to slow down. But I hope that you all had an amazing Christmas and also a Happy New Year!!

Well this week has been one to remember that's for sure. First Christmas away from home was something else. It was truly an incredible experience. Don't get me wrong I definitely missed not being with the family  but there is just something about Christmas as a missionary in the field. The spirit is so strong and the true meaning of Christmas becomes so much more real. It was actually a very big lesson learned for me in which I am very thankful. And Skyping the family was absolutely incredible. I Love them so so much!!

And not only Christmas made this week so great, get this THE NETHERLANDS SNOWED! This week Delft was covered in snow and oh how fun that was. The day it actually snowed was so cold but yet so much fun. I have missed the snow. But my favorite part about the snow was the day after when it all turned to ice. I found out how much fun it is to bike on ice haha. You can just drift all over the place and all of the sudden the ride to appointments become an extreme sport of bike skating. Funny story, so we were riding in the centrum to go and do a look up and we were riding over a bridge and just on the other side was a massive patch of ice.  So me, being myself was like Lunberg check this out I am going to have the sickest drift. So I start peddling as fast as I could and then just slammed on my brakes. (Keep in mind I was a perfect 8 for 8 up to this point) I bet you can guess what happened. I hit the ice my bike goes flying and I am right behind it and I slid all the way to the other side of the road. It was seriously the funniest thing that has happened to me. People were either one, dying of laughter or two freaking out because they thought that I got hurt. But no worries not a scratch:)

One of the highlights of my week was Saturday. We had an amazing day. We were able to meet with Tom, Mariaet and her husband (a new investigator who is super cool) and Josh, Estella and Jackpot. I want to focus on Jackpot. So he is a good friend of Josh's who came to the Netherlands with him from Ghana. And I remember the first day that I met him he wanted absolutely nothing to do with us, didn't want Josh to have anything to do with us and was set in his religion. (Muslim) The weeks went by and we continually but slowly started getting to him. Got him to come to Josh's baptism, a Christmas party at the church and then finally his heart was softened and we taught him. He was so open and absolutely loved the message that we had to share. We gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he is going to read and ask. He was so sincere about it as well. This was truly a miracle in my eyes. I was able to see the Lord give him just a little at a time until he was ready to truly accept it. What a blessing to be a part of and to see. The Lord is not far from his missionaries I see and realize that more and more everyday.

Sunday was amazing as well. We taught the English class which was so funny. We were the only two white people in the whole class. I almost felt like I was in Africa for a minute. But that was a good time and they sure seemed to love it. I also passed the sacrament for the first time in the field. Shows you how big this ward is. That was fun to do:) I miss it.

Well I don't have much time today so sorry that it was so short. But I just want to add that I KNOW that this gospel is true. That its the gospel of our Heavenly Father and that through it was receive so many blessings. This mission has changed me, and I have come to know that so much better. I have truly rooted my testimony in the Savior and Know that he loves us!! The Church is true!

Love, Elder Parr
#ReturnWithHonor


No comments:

Post a Comment