Monday, January 26, 2015

Week 1 Genk Belgium - Genk!!

Hello Everyone!! 
Well before I start I am going to apologize for the super bad grammar and probably a lot of miss spelled words here to come! First treat about Belgium is a messed up key board. So don't make fun :)

This week was one, my last week in a city that truly has stolen my heart and given me some of the greatest memories that I could ask for!! Delft is always going to have a special place in my heart. the people the memories and the life changing events and lessons. You really can't get any better than that. My last week in Delft was amazing though!! I was able to say goodbye to almost everyone and end with a bang! We left Delft with a boiling pot of potential and I think I can proudly say that Heavenly Father allowed me to take part in really changing Delft. I remember when I first got there how slow it was compared to when I left. I was beyond blessed with the time that I got to spend in Delft and with the people I got to work with!! I could never be more grateful for starting in an amazing city!! Going to miss that place a lot!!

This week I was also began my journey in the great city of Genk! It is going to be an awesome experience that’s for sure. Elder taggart is awesome we are going to have a great time together! and living in a four man is a blast, I got a cool group of guys too so that’s even better. It is a little bit harder to go to sleep on time though. ;) But okay. Genk has got a lot of potential and Elder Taggart and I are excited to hit the ground running and go out and see some success. The Lord is preparing people now we get to go and find them! I can't wait to get out and really work. 

Church, holy cow church is soooooo different here than in Den Haag. I went from the biggest ward in the mission to one of the smallest. There are probably 20 or so members. It is such a loving ward though. some really nice people and a loving environment. But it really made me super grateful for where I got to begin my mission but also how blessed I was back home to be surrounded with amazing members! What a blessing that was to me as I look back on life. It is going to be an amazing experience working here with these people though! and I am going to do all that I can to help this place grow. :)

I know this is where I am meant to be right now, yes it’s a different culture then before, a different language pretty much haha and a different kind work. But it’s where my Father in Heaven wants me to be and I am ready to take on the new challenge!! 

Cool story I called Josh last night and guess what!! He went through the temple and did baptisms for the dead!!!! Ah he said it was the coolest experience ever and was telling me all about how he is so excited to go and find his grandparents to do their work! Man he really is an incredible member already. Love that guy so much and miss him. Amazing miracle and amazing friend!! 

Oh and one other, so this week it snowed for like the entire day so we got to mob in the snow again. Lucky you don't use your bikes nearly as much here or I probably would have wrecked again. But it was fun having the snow and seeing all the kids out building snowmen and having a good time with one another. This place really is amazing, a lot of happy smiling faces who are open to talk. It's a blessing. 

I know that this church is true and really is 100% directed by our Father in Heaven. I love it and am grateful I get to be out here at this time doing it. I LOVE it!! Thank you all for the kind emails and letters. I love you all and hope that you have an amazing week!

And sorry this email wasn't super detailed or anything I am trying to get used to this keyboard. Next week will be better :) 

Love, Elder Parr
#ReturnWithHonor

No comments:

Post a Comment