Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Week 24 Delft " Walking in a WINDY Wonderland"

Hello everyone,

This has yet again been another amazing week for me. It has been the craziest weather of my mission and probably one the coldest but yet so much fun. It was hilarious on the bikes this week when the wind was behind you, you'd absolutely fly and couldn't even control yourself. When it was in your face you'd pedal your heart out and not even move ha. And the side wind, oh boy I don't even want to go there. You literally would ride your bike slanted to stay on. Hilarious! Oh and don't forget the lovely rain:) Man you have got to love this country.
This week we were able to teach some great lesson, have some awesome appointments and really see the spirit take over our work and lead us to places that we needed to be. Here are some highlights of this week.

First, Thursdays was a blast, we met with Josh and all of his African brothers again and made them some big fluffy American pancakes, they absolutely loved them. It was super fun. But after that we were able to watch the restoration video and really fill that room with the spirit. There were a few friends of josh there and at the end of the lesson we extended a baptismal invitation for them all. And they accepted. We haven't really set a date yet, but that was quite a miracle of its own. And a lot of the potential investigators that we have found are going great. I love working with these people so much, it's a whole other world, but amazing!

Second, It was Friday night and Lunberg and I had an appointment fall through so we were going to do some look ups. And on our way we passed a former investigators street ( who I have tried for 6 months to get a hold of and hadn't til this point) And I really felt that we needed to go try his door. We discussed it and kept riding then a little further I just turned around and headed to his house. Lunberg followed me of course. Well we knocked on his door and what do you know he was home and we were able to get to know him and have two awesome lessons this week. What a miracle that was for us. So cool. He is one of the coolest people I have met since I have been out here.

Lastly, funny story behind this one. On our way to church we were sitting in the bus and I was like hey Elder Lundberg have you ever given a talk in sacrament meeting? And he was like ya  a few. Then i said well I don't think that I will ever have to give one. I mean I have been here for 6 months and only have seen 2 missionaries give a talk. So I am good. Well we walk into church that morning and one of the brothers stopped me and was like hey could I ask a favor of you? One of our speakers couldn't make it today would you be willing to fill their spot? In my mind i was thinking how did i know. Well of course I said yes. So Sunday was my first talk in sacrament since I've been here. And it was actually a cool little blessing for me because i was wondering how I was going to be able to thank this word for all they have done for me . Since I am pretty positive that i will be leaving next week. Well the Lord provided a way to me to do it. And It ended up being super good and the members loved it. All I can say is that through the lord the language has come and I have grown. That is something that I am so so thankful for.

I am sorry that there wasn't a whole lot of detail had to keep it a little short this week. I will try and do better next week. But Thank you all for the nice letters this week. Put a smile on my face. And on that note, I would suggest that if you want to send a letter this week don't send it to Delft but rather the mission home.

Thank you all for your love and support I feel your prayers everyday:) You are all the best have an amazing week!!

Love,
Elder Parr
#ReturnWithHonor
Pancake Party 
Those are some wet thermals Elder Parr.
Venus Fly Trap (probably the first time he has seen one of those)

No comments:

Post a Comment