Monday, February 9, 2015

Week 3 Genk - Loving it out here!

Hello everyone!!

This week has definitely been a different one to say the least but also was a food one if I might say so as well. It had its ups and downs ha-ha. But as always the ups outweigh the downs! But we'll get there.

Here in the nice little town of Genk it's finally starting to warm up just a little bit! The temperature has probably raised like a whole 1 degree and the sun is coming out a whole 20 or so minutes earlier, it's amazing! I cannot wait for the nice warm sun again instead of the nice deceiving one that when you look outside it looks warm then you walk out and it is really still ice cold. But it’s coming!!

So after a super fun p-day last week and a good time in the city of Maastricht, it kind of all went downhill for a couple of days....Tuesday we had district meeting so we had to get up pretty early and head off to Leuven but we woke up and Elder Thomas was pretty sick and we sat outside of the church for a good hour waiting for the keys so that just made it worse. Besides that district meeting was actually pretty great I have got another cool district so that’s a blessing! But it was when we got home and Thomas was dying and super sick so he didn't go outside and that’s where it all started. Elder Taggart and I were still able to go out and get some work done which was good we actually found a super cool new investigator named franklin he is from Africa and really interested. That was a pretty cool miracle of its own actually since we don't have a whole lot of investigators here right now so we have been finding and the lord blessed us with a good one. After knocking and contacting for a while we went and had dinner and just prayed we could find someone and were lead to His house. Very cool! 

Then Wednesday Elder Taggart and Thomas were still sick so I went out with elder Louvain again and we had a blast! We went and taught one of their new investigators the first lesson and guess what he was from Ghana! Ya I love my Ghana brothers, they are the best! (side note, Josh is still killing it Delft I hear, they are working on a calling and he hasn't missed a Sunday yet:)) Anyways we were able to invite John to baptism and he accepted and was probably one of the most prepared guys that I have met. So I hope all goes well with him and the other Elders! Then we were also able to teach one of their investigators who is getting baptized this Saturday, very cool girl.  I guess she has made a 180ยบ so that’s super cool. Had a great lesson with her just about the Holy Ghost and the spirit was just powerful which always is great!!

Thursday it was my turn to get hit with the bug/flu thingy....I woke up and it was just terrible and so forth. I slept literally the entire day I didn't even know it was possible to sleep that long. But lucky the next morning I felt SO much better and was able to get right back into the work for the most part. I think that we had some pretty cool miracles this week because I guess this bug is supposed to last about a week, and all 2 of the 3 of us that got it, it only lasted 1 day. So that was pretty cool!

We had a very cool lesson with a less active and her daughter this week. I guess you can call them inactive, but we finally got ahold of them and they invited us over. We taught them the 1st lesson and by the end of the lesson they had felt the spirit, they said they didn't remember how powerful the message of the restoration was and what it was like feeling that strong spirit. They both committed to try and live the gospel and read and come to church. But the daughter stops us right before we were going to leave and said she wants to give up everything (smoking, drinking and such) to have that spirit with her again. That was a very powerful moment. I know that it wasn’t us who made her say that but the spirit working with her the whole time we were there!

Those are a few of the highlights of this week. But it really was an amazing week even with the struggles. I love this work more and more as I go and couldn't be more grateful to be where I am right now! I LOVE this gospel! 

Thank you all for your amazing support and all that you do for me. I really really appreciate it! I hope that you all have an amazing week. I love you all, you're the best!

Love,
Elder Parr
#ReturnWithHonor

No comments:

Post a Comment