Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Week 4 Genk - "Wonderen..."


Hello everyone!

This week has been so much fun and the BEST weather that we have had out here for the longest time. Guys get this, we actually had sun and didn't even have to wear a sweater under our winter jackets ha-ha. We are making progress, summer is just around the corner!!

So we actually had a couple cool miracles happen this week for us and turned our week around. This week began with 0 lessons scheduled and we couldn't really get ahold of anyone besides Sargun. And that was rough, but it all turned around after Wednesday. Elder Taggart and I decided to do fast for ultimately help with the work here. And I really believe that Heavenly Father heard and answered our fast. By Wednesday night we had another lesson scheduled with Sargun, Franklin and Dennis and Lorene. So we were pretty stoked about that. It all seemed to be heading back in the right direction!

So Thursday we were able to meet Lorene and talk with her about the talk she was asked to give at Nina’s baptism (the other elders in our apartment) this Saturday. It was such a miracle she said she'd do it because one she’s never given one and two she in super not super active. But she accepted. So we helped her prepare that and that was just super fun and then she told us that her husband, Dennis, would come to the baptism as well. He is not a member and we are finally beginning to work with him. That was the first miracle that I believe came straight from God to help two of His missionaries see some success.

Second miracle actually happened the day of the baptism. We get to Leuven where the baptism was and we walk in and one of our investigators Julliet was there. A little background about her, the 14th of February was actually her baptismal date but the day I got in Genk she had sent us a text that said she had no time to meet and just needed some time to get things straight. So for the past 3 or so weeks now we haven't done much with her at all. So to us that was a huge miracle to see her at the baptism. She ended up loving it and we are now officially teaching her again!! How cool is that!! It was also super cool that later we found out it was Zr. Knoops who just sent her a text and asked her if she wanted to come to the baptism and got a hold of her and got her there ultimately. That was another lesson learned of how much members can do for the missionaries and really have us see miracles happen because of simple little things that they do. I am so grateful for that and the great members here that are trying so hard to help this branch grow, it really is making a world of a difference. And a big part of the success here goes to them! So that was just something super cool for us to see.

Franklin was also a miracle in my eyes this week. We called him Wednesday night after fasting and were able to get an appointment with him this Sunday. We get over there Sunday he lets us right in and was super excited to see us. We got to know him a little bit and turns out he is such a stud and a crazy good soccer player!! Then we taught the first lesson and it was such an amazing lesson and he was so sincere about it. At the end of the lesson we challenged him to be baptized and he said definitely if I get my answer. That was so cool to hear. Ah he has so much potential and is a stud. I can't wait to see what happens with him.

Well here is a little funny story, Sunday morning we had our ward council and at the very end they said one of the speaker was sick and they needed a missionary. Well guess what I was chosen....I guess people like to just put me on the spot to give talks in church but might I just add that I am getting dang good at making up a pretty good talk on the spot ha-ha. It actually went super well and they all said they loved it and that I did a good job so that made me smile. It was definitely a confidence booster.

I hope that your Valentines was as good as mine was. Elder Taggart and I went on a date to Pizza hut. Yes we found an actual pizza hut in the middle of Hasselt!!! And it even tasted the exact same. Wow I was in heaven. Miss all that good American food haha. Oh and there was the carnival and that was just insane, you couldn't even see the ground by the time it was over. They go big here!! 

Today we actually had a big zone indoor soccer tourney, and guess who turned out on top, Genk district baby!! That was a blast, this zone is so cool! Love it here.

Well that was some of the highlights of my week for you. Thank you for the emails and the support. I love you all and am so grateful for you and your examples, I wouldn't be where I am if it wasn't for you all, so thanks!!! And I hope you have an amazing week, the Church is true, and the Savior loves you!! I love this work and all it teaches me! And that's all, till next week.
Love, 
Elder Parr
#ReturnWithHonor





Happy Valentines Day - we celebrated with Pizza Hut!







No comments:

Post a Comment