Monday, August 17, 2015

Week 6 Amsterdam - Fastest 6 weeks of my life!!

Hello Hello,

What an crazy, fun, hot, cold, humid, exciting week it has been! Missions are amazing. It doesn't get any better then being out here serving the Lord in this beautiful country. This is His work and we are sharing His message. Incredible!

Well this week went by so fast I can hardly remember what even happened....so I'll my best to remember some of the highlights. We were able to meet with Peter and Evy this week and that was great! They are seriously the coolest people in the world. They have a heart of gold and are so nice. On top of that they love this gospel. They tell us every time that we go how badly they want to go to the temple so they can be sealed to each other. How cool is that? Golden!!!! But it has been a little harder to meet with them, his job is keeping him pretty busy and she has been sick with her pregnancy. But everything is still going good there. There papers should finally be on there way here pretty quick so they can get baptized! I can't wait:)

This week was full of some good exchanges too. I was in Leiden, Alkmaar, and then we worked with the Amsterdam sister. But, Elder Bonner and I were working in Alkmaar, a very dutch city. Which is a hard place to see success. But we were determined to see some success. And we worked out butt of the whole day and ended up having an amazing lesson with a family. It was so cool the mom made all of her kids come in and sit in on the lesson. And on top of that we found 5 pretty positive potential investigators. The Lord was blessing us for our efforts that is for sure. I know He is right there watching over me!!

Elder Bringhurst and I had a super cool night a couple of days ago. So we rushed down to the outskirts of the city to go to an appointment and it ended up falling though. It was already late and we would of only had like 20 or so minutes to work and it was raining. So the temptation to just start making our way back was there but we didn't. We started knocking a some doors. The first door was a JW who just tried to wreck us. But we weren't going to end with that so we kept on knocking and the next four doors were some of the coolest potentials I have probably ever met on my mission. One lady was like " Whenever you two are in the area you are welcome to come by grab a snack, some water, etc." Another was a young 18 year old boy who was religious but not in a specific church and who LOVED basketball. So we just talked for a solid 20 minutes and he was like "You want my phone number so we can meet up one time. And I would also love to go to the church with you two. You two are cool guys." The coolest kid ever! And then as we were heading back to the metro we stopped on last guy and he was so cool! We talked for another 20 minutes and we invited him to a ward BBQ and he just lit up and said "if it was today I would of been there yesterday!" haha. So we ended up setting two appointments and getting 3 phone numbers!! What a 'God testifying night' as we would say here haha. I know 100% Heavenly Father is aware of me and is aware of all His children. He lives!

Well this week was also transfer call week. We heard the news last night that Elder Bringhurst and I will be getting separated. He is staying in Amsterdam. I will be heading to a city called Einhoven, picking up another greenie, white washing again and staying DL. So these coming weeks are going to be crazy! It was a bitter sweet phone call. But I am excited, I know that is where the Lord needs me and I am going to go and work my hardest there as well.

Thank you all for the emails and the love and support! You are all the best. I hope you have an amazing week and for some of you and great first week of school!!

Love,
Elder Parr
#ReturnWithHonor

At Roos's house, Elder Bringhurst hard at work drawing:) 
Me taking a nap on the empty metro

No comments:

Post a Comment