Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Week 1 Eindhoven - New Area, New Companion, District Leader = will be the best transfer!

Hello hello,

What a week it has been! So much has happened but I am sitting here with so little desire to actually write it all down. But Mom, because I love you I will do my best to write some down.

Well this week began with my last couple of days serving with Elder Bringhurst and Oh how we had a blast with each other. I loved every single minute of serving with that kid. And we sure made some memories to last a lifetime. Monday we were able to Go the the Zaanse Schaans and it was absolutely beautiful. If it didn't take years to upload pictures then I would show you. But It was probably one of the most beautiful places I have visited. Saying goodbye to Bringhurst stunk but, I know I am going were the lord needs me to be and that he will keep the work rolling in Amsterdam. He actually called me and told me that Ivetta one of the investigators we were working with said she wanted to be baptized this coming Saturday! I was freaking out! I will probably be able to go up and see it too:) I can't wait. This is Gods work.

Well when Wednesday morning finally rolled around I hopped on the train and headed to the Golden Tulip to pick up my new companion. His name is Elder Gleave. He is from South Jordan Utah and Is a stud. I can't wait to get to know him better and see some miracles with him. It is going to be a good experience I can already tell.

We are serving in a city called Eindhoven with two other elders. Elder Steenblik and Elder Da Silva. It has been so much fun being with Steinbeck again! Love that kid so much. So we are in for a treat this transfer.

We also have a personal 85 year old GPS named Harry. He has got to be one of the funniest, coolest, craziest people I have ever met. He works with us everyday and has our work set out. Which has actually been pretty nice because we are reopening part of Eindhoven and he's been a huge help!

We are working our hardest to find some new people to work with as well as get back in contact with all of the old investigators.

Funny story, So on Sunday we went and had a great appointment with a less active and then we walk out to hop on our bikes and head back home. Well it was pouring rain and we kinda forgot our rain jackets because when we left it was beautiful weather! So we biked 8 kilometers is the pouring rain and came home dripping head to toe. It was quite the bonding experience!

Thank you all so much for the love and support! I hope you have another amazing week. This church is true, don't forget it!! God loves you and is there for you all! I love this Gospel and this work!

Love,
Elder Parr
#RetrunWithHonor
Sweet Ride haha
Our GPS Elder we love him.
Elder Gleave and Elder Parr after the pouring rain.  Welcome to the "Netherlands Elder Gleave.

No comments:

Post a Comment