Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Week 3 Eindhoven - Late nights, herring round 3 and A'dam

Hallo Iedereen!

Goede Morgen! Or Afternoon or night, whatever time it might be were you are at haha. But oh what a week it has been this past week! One full of adventures that's for sure. Elder Gleave and I were all over the place this past week. But that's always a nice feeling when you walk into the apartment at night hit the bed and are out cold within seconds. Then you got the beautiful sounding alarm that screams at you at 6:30 the next morning saying time to go and do it all again. But oh how I love being a missionary. It's something that has changed my life and opened my eyes. There truly is nothing else in the world like being a missionary. And on top of that I get the best mission on the planet!

This week were able to go on a couple of exchanges with some of the elders in the district and it was great. On Thursday I was down in a place called Heerlen working with Elder Perry. We had a blast together. But what's cool is we found out that he went and played rugby with SC when they went to New Zealand so he knew all of the boys back home. We had a good little laugh. But we saw some awesome miracles happen while we were there, taught a less-active they hadn't taught for a long time and ended up getting two referrals from her and teaching her friend who was there. Wow, that was just so cool to see her open up and start referring her friends. Super cool experience.

This week we had some pretty crazy adventures. So here is the first, Elder Gleave and I were biking to an appointment about 7 kilometers from our house and about 1 kilometer aways I hear a wreck behind me and look back and Gleave is laying on the ground. It looked a lot more dramatic then it actually was. But his chain snapped and just got a couple cuts on his hands. Not to bad. But the adventure was bringing the bike back home so they didn't get stolen. So elder Butler drove us to the bikes at about10:15 to go and pick them up. Well Elder Gleave put his bike in the car and I got to ride mine home. So I pretty much just pedaled my little heart out for a solid 7 kilometers on a one speed bike to keep up with the car. We were flying haha. But we made it home safe and sound.

And on top of that Saturday I got to go to Amsterdam. IVETTES BAPTISM WENT THROUGH! I was so happy that I got to go up and see that. It was a great service. I was able to talk with Ivette afterwards and she was super excited that she finally made the decision to be baptized. I asked her how she felt and she said she super good, the words can't describe it. There was such a sweet feeling that was there. Every time I see a child of God take that step of faith I just can't help but get overwhelmed by the spirit. I know with all my heart that this work is Gods work. And this church, is true. It's such a blessing to be a member of this church and to be in the Lords army right now. I also got to see Elder Bringhurst and that was great. I've missed that kid. My boy is growing up haha.

But here is a quick funny story, So the first Monday of every month there are big alarms that go off to make sure they work. They are used to tell everyone that the dikes have broken. Well we were just sitting here emailing and Elder Gleave looks over at me and goes, what's that noise. I look over to elder Da Silva and say "oh crap man that's the dike alarm!!" We both jump out of our seats and go sprinting down and grab Steinbeck we grab all of our stuff and start running to the car. We all just played it so good and poor Elder Gleave bit super hard. Then we get out and are about to get in the car and he's like wait a minute, it's the first Monday of the month.....and just dies. He's such a trooper, love that kid! But we were all dying afterwards too good!

Thanks for the love and support. The church is true!!:)
Ivette, Elder Bringhurst and I:)

No comments:

Post a Comment