Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Week 3 Apeldorn "What a week :) "

Hello Hello,

This week has been such a blurr I don't even know where to begin. But I also don't have a ton of time to email so this one will be relatively short. Here are some highlights from the past week.

The temple! Last Saturday I got to go to the Temple with some of my great friends. That was such an amazing experience for us all. The Temple is just incredible. You can't leave that place without being spiritually uplifted in one way or another. It truly is the house of the Lord. I got to see Harry there and a couple other member from the Eindhoven ward as well so that was great!

So we were doing a look up a 8:45 one night and we knock on the door and she wasn't home. We headed back to the car hopped in and were going to head back to the apartment. Then we though we'd look through a stack of area book papers that I felt I needed to put in the car the night previous. There was one other person on that same street. We decided to go give it a shot. Get to his door and its now 8:55, knock and he opens right up. He continues to tell us that he is having a bible study class with 5 other people and we were welcome to go in and join them. Everything in our head was saying no. It's to late or they are just going to bash on us anyways. But our hearts said yes. So we walked in. We thought we were just going to join in on there studies. But no, they begin to ask, who are you? what do you believe in? We began to teach the restoration on the church of Jesus Christ. They were studying the parable of the lost sheep and one asked this question, So in your guy's mind are we lost sheep even though we believe in God. We didn't want to offend everyone so we started to beat around the bush then the spirit just hit us. We testified that The Church of Jesus Christ was the only true church on earth. The spirit got so strong and I know they felt it. It was like we walked into a church service and told them they were wrong but in a loving way.But the outcome was amazing, a bunch of them asked for Book of Mormons and Restoration pamphlets. A huge testimony builder to me of standing up for what you believe in even if you have to stand alone. The church is true it's that simple.

I am loving my mission and all the amazing lessons that it has taught me. I know that this is where I need to be. I love you all and am thankful for your love and support! Have a great week.

Love,
Elder Parr
#Return.With.Honor
The Temple with two of my Best Friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment