Thursday, July 17, 2014

Week 3 MTC - Half way Done! "Called to be District Leader"

Hello Everyone!!

Another absolutely amazing week here at the MTC! This week has been full of spiritual moments as well as funny moments. I dont have a whole lot of time so I am going to try and keep it short.

Wednesday:
So last P-day after I had finished all my stuff a few members of my zone and I got into a conversation with a lady here who is actually an investigator. We all just talked to her and got to know her a little bit. It was really neat find out her perspective on the church. A really cool experience. 

Thursday:
Today was my first day of TRC which is when members who speak our language come and we teach like a FHE lesson. Our first one didn't go so hot but our second one was so good! We just discussed the power of prayer. As we testified of that the power of the spirit filled the room and was so strong. Highlight of my day!

Friday:
Highlight of today was a lesson that was given by Broeder Norton. We had a discussion over the first lesson first section. Had an amazing spirit there as we taught about Gods love for us. Alma 5:45 talks about how EVERYTHING good comes from God, showing his love for us in all he has done for us and all he has givin us. Also a lesson with Lieka on baptism and families. She loved it, which was good!

Saturday:
Well first off we had to say goodbye to our very first investigator and one of my favorite teachers! He has been here for three years so his time was up. But I loved him while we had him! Got a new investigator today (Tony) aka Broeder Klippel. We just contacted him and gave him the Book of Mormon and asked him when we can teach him, just short and simple little things to practice contacting. 

Sunday:
Very good day, I was able to get a lot of my reading done I made it to 4 Nephi so I think I'm going to be able to finish the challenge that our ward mission leader gave us. I got called as a District leader today so thats exciting! Our devotionals have been at the BYU basketball stadium the past couple of weeks because the Gym is getting redone so its been fun going down there. The devotional was on charity. Incredible talk and the spirit there was unreal. Loved it, charity is an amazing thing an soooooo important in missionary work! Also it was the Danes last night here before they flew out to Denmark so we decided to have a little fun back at the Residence hall and have a massive squirt gun fight! So much fun!

Monday:
Woke up at 5:25 to say goodbye to the Danes which was sad. Today was my half way mark I have been here 20 days!! crazy huh? The time has flown bye, But i have loved every second of it!! Today our district got to host the Senior Missionaries which was super fun! I loved just talking to them about missions and such they were so cool and had great advice. Today I memorized the purpose in dutch

"Anderen uitnodigen om tot Christus to komen, Door uw hulp het herstelde evangalie aan te namen, met geloof in Jezus Christus en zijn verzoening, bekering, de doop, de gave van de heilige geest en volharding tot het einde toe."

So that was really cool. One last thing we got leika to commit to come to church with us!

Tuesday:
Amazing day! We got Tony to believe in God and Christ and got him to read Alma 32 and pray over it to learn more about faith for himself. Amazing chapter!! The spirit was so strong during that lesson, as I listened truly wanting to help him It told me what to say, truly one of the coolest experiences since I have been here! The best part was the Devotional tonight! Highlight of my week! Elder Brown was the one who gave the talk and it was on The Sacredness of His Name. And he just talked on how we every lesson we teach no matter the title is about Christ. Our whole purpose here is to help other gain their OWN testimony of Jesus Christ and his gospel. We talked about how just bringing up the Saviors name in a conversation if done so in sincerity can completely change ANY meeting! We do EVERYTHING in Christ name and we should never forget the sacredness of his name, cause he is our savior!

Well That is all for this week, I love you all, and thanks for all you guys do for me! I look forward to talking to you next week!

Love, Elder Parr

#ReturnWithHonor


No comments:

Post a Comment