Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Week 16 Genk "Elder Parr wat rijd je op?"

Hello Hello!!!

I LOVE my mission!! :) This week was just all around good, to be honest I don't remember anything super big happening but looking back I can't say anything bad happened either. There is just nothing to complain about, life is good as a missionary. I mean how can you not be happy when we get to go and share the happiest message out there! Doesn't get any better. Though I would enjoy having a week full of sunshine that would be pretty nice. We were hit by some pretty crazy rain and wind storms this week haha. But are being blessed right now with a beautiful day and an even more beautiful one tomorrow. (According to the Belgian weather channel which is about right 5% of the time i feel haha, got to love it)

We started off the week pretty great though, had a super busy Tuesday afternoon and got in contact with a couple of our potentials, a few dropped us but even better a few said we could come back. Then it was a race to catch the bus (No joke literally every day you race for the buses its adrenaline rushing because if you miss it you are toast) to the Knoops. Had a blast with them as always, seriously the best family ever! But then we had to race back and catch a train to Geel. Which by some miracle we made it. All the elders in our district went to Geel and had a big sleepover because interviews with President were the next morning. But that was a blast being with all the guys.

Anyways, it was so much fun being able to see President and Zuster Robinson again. They are two of the greatest people I have ever met! Interviews with them are just such a unique spiritual uplifting experience. Those are things that I will never forget and always be grateful for. I sure love the Robinsons and their example they are to me and to other missionaries. They have a true love for the gospel and it shows in all they do.

We had another awesome lesson with Sargun this week and the spirit was there. Super powerful lesson, which happened to be the last for a while. All the kids are just beginning exams and then its vacation and Sarguns mom said it'll be about 2 months before we can come back. I was pretty bummed, but who know maybe they will notice a difference in their lives when we don't come. Maybe it's just what they need. We'll see. Loved teaching her though, i learned a whole lot. A huge blessing to me.

Okay now for the subject " Elder Parr Wat rijd je op? Een Paard?" which translates into, "Elder Parr what do you ride on? A horse." So the Parente family and the 5 little girls told me that and thought it was the funniest thing in the entire world. They can't really say Parr it sounds like paard, so every time they see me now they just make that joke and everyone starts dying. It's pretty great actually haha. They also invited all four of us missionaries over to their house for a BBQ it was super fun. They think I am like the biggest Frozen fan in the world (which might be true :p) so every time I go they beg me to sing Let it Go with them. If only you guys could experience that, the greatest thing ever. That family is incredible.

I also had the chance to work a little bit this week. The Knoops called and asked us if we could help in their garden. And we got there and elder Larsen and I got the task of digging up grass, then trenches, then flattening it all so we could place stone blocks and make a big path. We actually did pretty dang good if you asked me haha. That was fun though.

Other than that, Skypinig was AMAZING. I love my family and especially my mom. They are honestly the greatest blessing in my life. I hope all of you moms out there had an amazing mother’s day because you all deserve it. You do so much for all of us kids and we couldn't do it without you. Especially you mom, LOVE YOU:)

Well there is a just of my week for you. I hope you all have another great week. Thanks for everything, you are all the best!! The church is true! LOVES!

Love, Elder Parr
#ReturnWithHonor

The crew and I! Just after jamming out to Let it go hahah.










No comments:

Post a Comment