Monday, May 4, 2015

Week 15 Genk - Het Gaat Snell!!

Hello Hello,

Another amazing week in the bags. This week was full of adventures, some cool tender mercies, laughs and just all around good things. That being said it was probably one of the fastest weeks of my life. I just don't understand how time works these days so I just quick trying to figure it out haha.

So this week the weather wanted to give us a little bit of a challenge. Decided to POUR on us pretty much at least once every single day; the wind was just howling as well. Let me tell you biking in the wind sucks for 50% of the time but man when it's in your back you fly, so nice. But that being said it didn't stop us from getting out doing what we enjoy and seeing some cool things happen.

This week we were able to meet with Sargun and brought Broeder Knoops along. And holy cow can I just say that that girl is soooo smart! Broeder Knoops was blown away at how much a 13 year old who is not even a member knew about the church. It's just so cool to see how she literally internalizes everything that we share with her. I can honestly say that I have learned a lot from teaching her. It was also cool to see her mom voluntarily join our lesson and then give us a ton of food when we finished. It's coming, slowly but surely the Lord is softening their hearts. So cool!!

I also had the chance to go to Antwerpen on exchanges this week with Elder Nye. Let me tell you that was a blast! It was nice getting out of Genk for once. I mean I absolutely love it but change is good every once in a while. But we saw a bunch of kids playing ball in the centrum and went over and balled them up haha. It was a blast they thought we were so cool. Then literally like a minute later we found one of the coolest potentials ever. I am excited to hear from them what happens with her.

Thursday we went out to a place called Lommel to look up a referral. Well we get out there and realize it's a 6 kilometer walk and there is no way we would have time to do it and catch out bus. But we started walking and literally like 2 minutes later a member who happens to be driving down the road stops and asks if he could give us a ride. He then drives us to the referral waits to see if she was home then took us back to our bus so we could catch it. The biggest answer to prayers!! You should have seen Elder Larsen and I we were just jaw dropped at how fast our prayer got answered!

Well Sunday was incredible too, the parents came to church!! And get this, Latisha, the oldest daughter was sitting by me and we made a deal if i bore my testimony she would. Well she did it!! It was honestly the coolest thing to see her testify of how she came to know the Book of Mormon is true! The spirit in that sacrament meeting was so so strong!! And then on top of that we had a stand at the 'opens gebeds dag' and we gave away 12 Book of Mormons and met some super cool potentials. That’s was just a miracle of its own. It's nice having people come to you for a change rather than having to search for them. Blessing! What a great success it was. :)

We also had our annual soccer tourney with the zone and District Genk comes out on top once again haha. That was an absolute blast though, I love this zone really has some incredible missionaries in it!

That’s all for this week, thank you all for the prayers and the support! Love you all. Have a great week! The Church is true!! Happy Mother’s Day to all the Mothers in life. I can’t wait to talk to my mom on Sunday.

Love, Elder Parr
#ReturnWithHonor
My Handsome Elder Parr and his Companion Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment