Thursday, April 21, 2016

Week 11 Apledoorn - Miracles

Hello hello!

What another absolutely incredible week this past week has been! I don't even know where to begin. First because everyday was great, and second they all just seemed to blend in. I was just here yesterday typing on this same screen, or at least so it feels. But sorry this one is also going to be a little short. We have some appointments today so aren't taking much of a free day.

So I was able to go on exchanges with Elder Morey and work with him here in Apeldoorn and holy cow did we see miracles or what!? Hosea and Le Duc had the Car so Morey and I were on foot and bikes the whole day. We walk outside talk to the first lady we see, ends up being a super positive potential and lives right by us. Go and look up the next guy and teach him the whole restoration and his attitude changed from, not interested, to please come back. It was so cool to see. We were able to teach 3 first lessons on the door all with new people. And all of which said we could come back. We taught one of our baptismal dates, Nico, and put him on a calendar. He is looking forward to May 28th. We were able to take our OV bikes to the skate park haha, so funny! And get dumped on by ice cold rain and still make it a fun, successful day! You have got to love it!

Elder Hosea and I went up and worked in Amsterdam this past week. I got to go and work with Elder Da Silva again. Boy did we have fun. Funny story, so we parked in the back corner of a parking lot and when we came back there were 3 cars parked illegally and us and this other man got trapped. The police said they wouldn't do anything and we just had to wait. So we were talking to this man in the pouring rain for about 30 or so minutes and finally the guy came. I will have to attach the picture it was pretty funny. I also got to teach Ivette again. She was baptized right after I left Amsterdam, Elder Bringhurst and I taught her a lot. She remembered me and we had a good lesson with her. That was a cool little tender mercy.

We also got a new investigator on baptismal date for May 28th. Her name is Patrica and she is 21 years old. She was a referral from the Amsterdam sisters. Can I just say the Lord is pouring out blessing upon us right now. We are teaching so much more these past 2 weeks then the previous a lot haha. It has been such a blessing knowing the Lord is on our side and is with us every minute of every day. I love being a missionary.

Life out here is going great and the work is moving forward. Thanks for the prayers and the support! I hope you have a great week!

Love Elder Parr
#Return.With.Honor




No comments:

Post a Comment