Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 21 Eindhoven - "Walking in a winter wonderland"

Hey Hey,

Well actually it's not quite a winter wonderland over here in the Netherlands unfortunately. Maybe something more like, walking in a slushy wonderland. But get this, the country did get its first snowfall this past week. And the dutch continued their tradition to skate down the frozen streets. Maybe one of these days I will be able to go skating down a canal. Man I love this place so much!!! There is no other place quite like it.

This week has been quite the crazy one. I am sitting behind this computer struggling to keep my eyes open so that's how you know it's been a good one. But holy cow we have been all over the place and saw a lot of cool miracles happen and it was just great! Here are a couple:

So Wednesday I got to go up to the beautiful city of Vlissingen. I got to go and work with Elder Watson for the day and that was great. But the best part was, I got to wear a kids size helmet that literally stuck to my head it was so small. It was so funny. And the wind down there just rips with all that nice cold rain. It was so much fun. It had been a while since I have gotten soaked on a bike. Honestly I have missed it a little bit. We were able to just get down to business and do some good missionary work for a day. It was way fun.

Then I woke up and went to the complete opposite side of the country to go down and do splits with the Maastricht Elders. Holy cow what a train ride let me tell ya. It was a great one though and working in Maastricht was so much fun. I just love being able to go and work with other missionaries and see miracles with them. Truly amazing.

Friday we were off to another part of the country for MLC. Holy cow, that was absolutely amazing. I could honestly say that was one of the strongest times I have felt the spirit. Wow, it was just amazing. We were able to talk about a lot of things and come out of it with a lot of great Ideas. Love it! We were also able to rush home and make it to sports night with the young men and young women. We had one of our investigators, Pedro, come and he even brought a friend. They absolutely love it!! So did we, so much fun. But we need to teach these Europeans how to play some basketball haha.

Sunday morning I got a call about an hour before church to see if I would give a talk. It seems that is usually how it goes out here in the mission field. But I gladly accepted. It ended up being pretty good.

Thank you all for the prayers and the support. have an amazing week! Love you all.

Love,
Elder Parr
#Return.With.Honor
Elder Crowder and I have a Limbo contest with the monkeys


No comments:

Post a Comment